Thursday, January 7, 2010

Life in Hell Minumentals


"Seperation"


"The Pink Door"

The New Hampshire Institute of Art will be hosting its 8th annual Minumental Exhibition from January 27 to March 1, 2010. All the work can be no larger than 2 inches by 2 inches (by 2 inches if you're so inclined to go 3D). I entered something my freshmen year but missed it last year, so I wanted to really spend some time this year and try and come up with something good. My first plan was to work on some pen drawings with a little colored pencil in my brown notebook. I based all the ideas off my 'Life in Hell' work. For the last year I've just been fooling around with creating weird dreamscapes on what I think Hell might look like. Sometimes its a landscape and sometimes its more of an idea. I've done 8 pieces so far and these two are the best of the batch. This isn't necessarily what I'm putting in the show, just what I've come up with so far. The Separation piece is kind of self explanatory but the Pink Door is more of an enigma. I've been kicking the imagery around for a while and kind of letting it figure itself out as to what it leads to or represents. Strangely enough I actually found the pink door once. It was the 'Quit Game' option on We Love Katamari.

No comments:

Post a Comment